Sunday 3 April 2011

The Prayer of the Children


The Prayer of the Children

 
Can you hear the prayer of the children
on bended knee, in the shadow of an unknown room?
Empty eyes with no more tears to cry,
turning heavenward toward light.
Cryin' Jesus help me
to see the morning light of one more day,
but if I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. 


Can you feel the hearts of the children
aching for home, for something of their very own?
Reaching hands with nothing to hold on to,
but hope for a better day, a better day.
Crying Jesus help me
to feel the love again in my own land,
but if unknown roads lead away from home,
give me loving arms, away from harm.


Can you hear the voice of the children
softly pleading for silence in their shattered world?
Angry guns preach a gospel full of hate,
blood of innocent on their hands.
Crying Jesus help me
to feel the sun again upon my face.
For when darkness clears, I know you're near,
bringing peace again.

 
Da-li cu-je te sve dje-cje mol-it-ve?
Can you hear the prayer of the children?

(croatian translation: 'can you hear all the children's prayers?')
by Kurt Bestor

No comments:

Post a Comment